For many of us exercising at home is a good, if not the only, solution right now. Maybe you need to push yourself a bit extra in the beginning before it is becoming a routine.
Here are 10 simple recommendations to get yourself motivated for some workout at home.
1. Allocate time. Plan the workouts just as you plan your work meetings. Set an alarm and give the workout full focus.
2. If possible - create a gym area in your home. A small corner is enough where you can put a mat and perhaps some equipment so you don´t need to move things back and forth.
3. Prepare everything for the workout. Write down the different exercises, prepare equipment, a glass of water and maybe an inspiration video, so you don´t need to stop in the middle of the workout.
4. Workout together. With your partner, flatmate or children? Maybe act like Personal trainers for each other and take turns preparing the session.
5. Get inspiration from an app, blog, Youtube, Facebook and Insta posts... There is a lot of inspiration out there, see for example:
Friskis London's Facebook group
Friskis mot corona, an Instagram account where Friskis instructors post all kind of workouts
Friskis' general Instagram account, where there is a new post every day with workout inspiration
6. Or from music. Put together a playlist with the songs that give you energy and your body will start to move automatically and the push ups will be much easier to get through.
7. Join live video classes. On Social media a lot of instructors are posting live workouts these days. So keep yourself posted and join in.
8. Compete against yourself. You can for example try to do a certain number of repetitions quicker and quicker each time, lift heavier weights, do more repetitions etc.
9. Equipment. Maybe you have a kettlebell at home or some resistance bands? If not, fill a bag with heavy books, take some full water bottles, grab a mop or use a chair.
10. Just do it! Don´t think too much but if you can´t, think that anything is better than nothing.